Everton Timetable Jan – Mar 2014
Here is our Children’s Centre Activity Timetable for 2014.
Our groups for Parents/Carers are now run differently. We will be running them over a one week or two week period and parents can apply or refer themselves on to programs.
For more information about any of the activities/groups on the Timetable then please call 0151 233 1969.
Community Parents is back in the new year!
The centre is now taking applications for parents and carers who live in the Everton Community who wish to become a volunteer. Community Parents is a 10 session informal course that enables parents to take the first step into volunteering. The course is for experienced mothers, fathers, grandparents or carers (experienced in carrying out a parenting role) who are interested offering peer support to other parents in their local community.
The course is particularly aimed at
– parents who are simply looking for a new direction and are interested in becoming involved in supporting parents in their community
– Potential ‘Community Parents’ who will progress onto further training to enable them to deliver semi- structured home visiting program
Speak to Andrea Vaughan – Early Intervention Coordinator if you wish to become a Community Parent or if you know someone who does
Community Parents Application Form
Look at the amount of energy harnessed by our Solar Panels. June was our most successful month with 3.21 MWh being collected by our Panels.
Have you seen our Splashpool?
Open from Monday to Friday the Splashpool is specially designed for the use of children under the age of 5.
Our Splashpool provides a calm, intimate environment which acts as a perfect introduction to swimming.
Book a session now by calling 0151 233 1969, each 1 hour session only costs £2.50 for 1 Adult. Children are free. Each child needs at least one Adult swimmer in the pool at all times.
On Thursday 24th May 2012, Everton Nursery School and Family Centre were inspected for the Inclusion Quality Mark.
After a through inspection which involved a tour of the building, observations of massages and interviews with staff, parents/carers, governors we were pleased to find out that we have been awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark.
Schools that have undertaken the journey to the Inclusion Quality Mark note that it:-
- Is professionally supportive.
- Recognises existing inclusive practices.
- Has an emphasis is on practical evaluation – it is firmly rooted in what happens in schools.
- Involves all stakeholders in the school.
- Is a usable framework as an evaluative tool.
- Embeds the concept of a self-evaluation process rather than a series of tick boxes.
- Is externally assessed and moderated by a highly professional team.
- Recognises and celebrates the work going on in schools on inclusion.
There is more information about the Inclusion Charter Mark on their website, http://www.inclusionmark.co.uk/
Following on from the success of our National Conference last year we are hosting another Conference.
Are you ready for the revised EYFS, Tuesday 3rd July will feature a keynote speech by Helen Moylett, president of Early Education.
The conference has 4 aims
- To develop a deeper understanding of the revised EYFS
- To explore the revised characteristics of learning
- To create opportunity for collaboration with other early years educators
- To broaden awareness of principles into practice for the revised EYFS
Spaces are limited at the conference and only cost £120, including lunch and refreshments. To book download the flyer and fill in the application form or call 0151 233 1969.
Everton National Conference Flyer
Everytime you shop at Asda Breck Road you will be given a green token. Please put your green token into the box labelled Everton Nursery School and Family Centre. If we get the most tokens we will win a donation of £200!