On Thursday 24th May 2012, Everton Nursery School and Family Centre were inspected for the Inclusion Quality Mark.
After a through inspection which involved a tour of the building, observations of massages and interviews with staff, parents/carers, governors we were pleased to find out that we have been awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark.
Schools that have undertaken the journey to the Inclusion Quality Mark note that it:-
- Is professionally supportive.
- Recognises existing inclusive practices.
- Has an emphasis is on practical evaluation – it is firmly rooted in what happens in schools.
- Involves all stakeholders in the school.
- Is a usable framework as an evaluative tool.
- Embeds the concept of a self-evaluation process rather than a series of tick boxes.
- Is externally assessed and moderated by a highly professional team.
- Recognises and celebrates the work going on in schools on inclusion.
There is more information about the Inclusion Charter Mark on their website, http://www.inclusionmark.co.uk/